Whaaat? emoticonAluminum is toxic to the brain and contributes to dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Therefore, it is important to avoid cooking with aluminum sources of cookware (anodized, Calphalon). Many European countries have actually banned the use of aluminum cookware. Instead, choose stainless steel, cast iron, or glass. Substitute patapar paper instead of aluminum foil for baked items. The chemicals in Teflon have been linked to birth defects, so should also be avoided.

Good News: Organic foods are also considered non-GMO. The United States and Canada do not allow food companies to label products “100% Organicif they contain genetically modified ingredients. In order to be certified USDA 100% Organic, a food must contain 95% organic ingredients and the remaining smiley-face5% must consist of items on the USDA’s National List. しかしながら, it is possible for tiny items to escape this definition. For example, certain food items have been able to sneak in by way of a loophole; two of these are non-organic cornstarch and soy lecithin. Therefore, it still pays to read ingredients but the more organic items you choose, the better.

Can’t sleep? Try one of these natural sleep aides:
melatonina hormone secreted by the pineal gland aides in sleep.
calcium with magnesiumsupplement is known to induce relaxation; calcium also plays a role in the production of melatonin.
chamomile teais an herb used for centuries that works as a mild tranquilizer.
Avoid watching television or reading in bed as these stimulate the brain, keeping you awake.

You can avoid the flu by maintaining an alkaline pH. For information on preventing the flu, click here.

blue crying faceHigh Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) comes in many disguises; be on the lookout for the following: crystalline fructose: dahlia syrup * fruit fructose *glucose syrup * glucose-fructose * isoglucose * maize syrup * tapioca syrup

The following infant formulas contain genetically modified ingredients (GMO’s):

  • Enfamil with Iron
  • Enfamil with low Iron
  • Enfamil Lacto Free
  • Enfamil 22
  • Enfamil Next Step (both soy and milk varieties)
  • Enfamil Nutramigen
  • Enfamil Pro-Soybee
  • Gerber Good Start
  • Similac

Update: Some infant formulas are now available non-GMO!

red yellow evil devil

Abbott Laboratories, Mead Johnson, and Nestle are making millions of dollars profiting at the expense of your child’s brain development. Put your money where your mouth is and boycott their products until they agree to change.

Some of the non-GMO baby formulas include:

  • Earth’s Best
  • Baby’s Only
  • Plum Organics
  • Oh Baby
  • Organic Baby
  • Little Duck Organics

Children are much more sensitive to GMO foods than adults. Children fed GMO foods have been linked to the following disorders: autism * ADHD * food allergies * pediatric acute-onset neuropsychiatric syndrome (PANS) and more. For more information on GMO’s and a non-GMO food list, click here.

confused emoticon

Grocery store tomatoes in the produce isle are not vine-ripened. They’re picked green, then gassed with ethylene at food distribution plants to make them turn red. For real vine-ripened tomatoes, visit your local produce stand.