An interesting twist on a seasonal favorite. Makes a delicious appetizer or side dish.
2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick rounds
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
5 oz goat cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees Celsius)
2. In a small bowl, combine salt and olive oil.
3. Brush both sides of potatoes with olive oil and salt mixture, and place on a baking pan 1/4 inch apart.
4. Bake sweet potato rounds for 8 a 10 minutes on each side until golden.
5. In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar and honey.
6. Transfer cooked sweet potatoes to a serving tray and top with goat cheese, walnuts, and cranberries.
7. Drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar mixture. Garnish with basil and serve.
Note: Use certified USDA organic and non-GMO project verified ingredients when possible.